Lars Behrenroth – born in Germany, relocated to Los Angeles in 2004 – DJ since 1986, radio host since 1996, remixer & producer since 1997, and label owner since 2008.
From his early days DJing at a local dance school in Germany to headlining a 25,000 people music festival in South Africa 30 years later, Lars Behrenroth has been moving dance floors all over the world. He’s played at world renowned clubs like DEEP (LA), Distillery (Leipzig, Germany), Motor City Lounge (Detroit), Stereo (Montreal, Canada), Queens (Paris, France) and in the recent years enjoys a massively growing fan base in South Africa. During several tours Lars continues to headline events all over the country alongside Black Coffee, Culoe De Song, Osunlade, Rocco, Ralf Gum, Nick Holder and many more ..
While in Hamburg, Germany Lars attended audio engineering school where he completed his first remix projects in 1996. That very same year, Lars began co-hosting “House Sound of Hamburg” (HSH) on a local radio station which marks the beginning of his impressive radio career. In 1998 he successfully brought the exclusive mix show to Evosonic Radio, a Europe-wide electronic and dance music radio station. The weekly three-hour show was very successful and hosted guest DJs such as Mateo & Matos, Paul Johnson, and DJ Pierre to name a few. During this time he also signed with Hamburg labels “Records Of Interest” (ROI) and “Tracks Of Interest” (TOI) to join the ranks of Knee Deep, Vincenzo, and Lovebirds.
Lars Behrenroth In 2016 Lars Behrenroth’s highly acclaimed and respected weekly two hour radio show, “Deeper Shades of House” is celebrating its 14 year anniversary. The program started out on German radio station Jam FM and was shortly after syndicated on US nationwide satellite XM Radio and can now be heard on over 30 stations worldwide and is featured on iTunes as an essential music podcast, reaching a total of over 8 million listeners each month. DSOH is a weekly showcase of Lars’ versatile but very selective musical range and evidence that the way he programs his sets and puts the songs together make him stand apart from the rest. The show also features guest mixes by international DJs and was nominated as Best Podcast in the 2011 and 2013 IDMA in Miami.
Lars has developed his production skills over the past 19 years to the point where he has accumulated an impressive discography over a variety of labels including Freerange, Compost, Sonar Kollektiv, Liebe*Detail etc. He has remixed artists such as Atjazz, Robert Owens, Liquideep, Dubtribe Sound System, MJ Cole, Arnold Jarvis, The Rurals, Beyonce, Sven Weisemann, Tamara Wellons, Rocco, Black Coffee, among others.
The next logical step on the way to creating a global Deep House brand was founding in-house record label Deeper Shades Recordings in 2008. The label is now home to 56 digital releases featuring many new and upcoming artists as well as established names in the Deep House industry.
01. Kisk – Friends – Apparel Music
02. Adverb – Hear And Then feat. 7th Flower (nikosf. Hear And Now Mix) – Etoka Rec
03. Zuat-Zu – Supernova (Original Mix) – Sophisticate Recordings
04. Ten Walls – Requiem – Life And Death
05. Marco Fracasso – Xiba Chant (Frekazoidz Dub)(5 Years Deeper Shades Recordings compilation)
06. 60 Hertz Project – Happy Days (BlackJean Dub in Pta Mix) (5 Years Deeper Shades Recordings compilation)
07. Blaq Soul – Vision (Karizma Eyecee Dubba) – Deeper Shades Recordings
08. Andre Zimma – M.U.S.I.C. (Atjazz Remix) – Slope Music
09. Justin Imperiale – Altered Visions Of Space – Cabana Rec.
10. HVOB – Lion (Stimming Remix) – Stil vor Talent
11. Owen Jay & Melchior Sultana – Movement – Moods & Grooves
12. Lars Behrenroth – Nothing (Main Mix) – unreleased