Frankie Bones was the first DJ coming out of NYC during the mid 80’s with the vision of what was yet to be seen on the global front of Electronic Dance Music culture. His early mission came in the many releases of Fourth Floor Records and Nugroove Records. In a time when timing meant everything, the buzz of his early works caught the attention of the rapidly growing scenesters in the London Orbital M25 raves during the Summer Of Love in 1988.
Those early “Bonesbreaks” vinyls led Frankie to playing at a rave called “Energy” which had 25,000 people. With the scene already reaching critical mass, Bones had set off a fierce bidding war between XL Recordings and Deconstruction, which led to two albums by Musto & Bones.
The U.K. was very impressed by Frankie’s unique Brooklyn style which was a raw-freestylish-bass-in-your-bass-bins-but-electro-bass style that was raw enough to keep the entire scene and industry at bay, waiting for the underground to bubble over. With gigs, remixing and production work pouring in by the truckload, Frankie ventured out into the early European scene playing key breaking parties in France, Holland, Italy, Denmark and Germany. Each country taking note of his style and wanting to license music.
From all the success in Europe, a booking would follow in Los Angeles based strictly on his success in Europe. In fact the L.A. promoters did not understand where the Brooklyn accent was coming from? But the West Coast scene had just started and Frankie held down Bi-Monthly events in London, L.A. and in NYC.
His vision of STORMrave made history. As did the Sonic Groove shop where he sold vinyl to the masses.
01. I Wanna Go Bang / Bjarki / Bonesbreaks Mastermix
02. Losing Control / Dbx / Bonesbreaks Mastermix
03. In Love With the Coco – O.t. Genesis / Bonesbreaks Mastermix
04. Drop Bass / Michael Wenz
05. Are You There? / Wink / Ben Klock Remix
06. White Label / Unknown
07. Conjure Dreams / Marco Flex
08. Huh / Randomer
09. Your Love / Frankie Knuckles / Stanton Warriors Tribute Remix
10. Techno Bass / Bonesbreaks
11. I Can¹t Stop / Weiss
12. Night of the Spastik Jaguar / Renaldo Vs. Plasticman
13. Drift Within / Frankie Bones / Unreleased Mix
14. I Won¹t Stop / Tribal Rhythm / Frankie Bones Original 1989 Version
15. Percolator / Cajmere / Claude Von Stroke Remix