As one of the founding DJs / promoters behind Philadelphia’s legendary Special K and Circle parties (IT Parties, Yo-man), O’Keef played a vital role in pushing house music as the backbone of Philadelphia’s local rave scene throughout the 90s. During this time, he brought his unique blend of heady tech-house to Philly through numerous Philly-based residencies (Fluid, Palmer Social Club, and Transit) and hundreds of parties across the country.
Feeling uninspired by the scene in the early 2000s, he took some much needed time away from the scene, but never from the music. O’Keef has re-emerged over the last few years, DJing very much under the radar at select parties (Ovum, Shakedown, Goodiem Drumsong and PEX) and has quietly regained the respect of many of his longtime peers and many of the newer DJs. In addition, Okeef he has begun producing with his long time collaborator Rob Paine under the guise of “Circle”, with 6 releases across Leftroom, Worship Recordings and Dubwise labels.
01. Occult Levitation – Roman Flügel
02. Raptures Of The Deep (Tom Trago Remix) – Wulf N Bear
03. Get Together (Right Now) (Charles Webster Remix) – Faded Ranger
04. The Island (Baikal Remix) – Bajka, Hunter_Game
05. Social Music – Quiet Village (Q.V.)
06. Woman is the Devil – Levon Vincent
07. Trambolla (Andre Galluzzi & Guido Schneider Remix) – Andre Galluzzi, Dana Ruh
08. The Deep (Original Mix) – James Kumo
09. Consequences (Original Mix) – Mr. G
10. Deja Vu Vince Watson – Ovum Recordings
11. Lonely Place – Original Mix – Seuil
12. Saved Forever (C2 Mix) – Terrence Parker
13. The Spell (Ron Hardy Mix) – Marcus Mixx
14. Lost in the Sound – Adonis